Thursday, January 6, 2011

New camera gets a spin.

The wife sprung for a Nikon D5000 for Christmas. 


I decided to take it for a spin at a New Year's Eve party with my family.  I often found it hard not to pose people after they decided to become "unnatural" once they realized that a camera was pointed at them.  I think that I will have to resort to sneaky paparazzi/ninja tactics with super zoom lenses on quiet mode to really capture people in their candid elements. 

I did have an issue with the NEF format not being able to be utilized with most printshop sites, but then again, it shouldn't make too much of a difference.  Pictage and Zenfolio seem like such nice sites, but can I really trust them to make great prints off of JPEGS?  I guess I have to just switch to huge, fine JPEGs with Pictage and convert to TIFF for Zenfolio if I make the switch. 

Here's a few of the family...


Isabella



Liam

Tin

Dylan

Video games didn't skip a generation in this family...
Love that smile!


 

I can't tell you how many cameras were present...
 

Should probably get some sleep



Dancing gets tiring


Classic...
Of the 300+ pictures I took in the span of 2 hours, I can already see where my rig will have to expand...

On to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment